By Gary Thomas
A full slate of bouts are on the agenda tonight when R & R Promotions heads to the Bank of Kentucky Center for an all pro boxing event. A 10 round lightweight showdown headlines the card as former WBC US Lightweight champ Brandon Bennett meets Tyrone Harris of Lansing, Michigan. Bennett came out on top in his first 16bouts before losing to undefeated Francisco Vargas last August. He rebounded by edging Roody Pierre-Paul in a 10 round decision in Cincinnati in November. Harris brings a 24- 9 record into the fight with 16 career knockouts.
The co-main event features Ricardo Williams Jr (21-3) taking on Guillermo Sanchez (13-13-1). Williams hasn’t seen action since 2012 but will be looking to build from back to back wins. Sanchez will be trying to snap an 11 fight losing streak dating back to 2011.
Tickets for tonight’s “Put Down the Guns, Pick Up the Gloves” event are on sale and are priced at $15, $35, $50 and $75 and are available at all Ticketmaster outlets, the Bank of Kentucky Center, Hard Ta Knock Shoppe and Everybody’s Records. The event is sponsored by CBTS, Larosa’s, Radio One, and TruStaff.
Here is a look at the fight card including the yesterday’s weigh-in results.
- Brandon Bennett (134.2) vs. Tyrone Harris (134)
- Ricardo Williams (140) vs. Guillermo Sanchez (140)
- William Jackson (146.4) vs. Gilbert Venegas (148)
- Danny Calhoun (235) vs. Gary Kelley (353)
- DeVonte Allen (131) vs. Antoine Knight (130.6)
- Donald Anderson (179) vs. Richard McCombs (174)
- Kareem Martin (147) vs. Domonique Foster (yet to weigh-in)
- Russel Fiore (137) vs. Michael Doyle (128)
- Jayvon Garnett (126) vs. Rudy Payne (126)
- Aaron Hollis (128) vs. Vic Chambers (130)
- Steve Geffrard (yet to weigh-in) vs. Mike Davis (205)
- Cedric Patterson (133) vs. Ronnie Jordan (yet to weigh-in)
- Antonio Brown (154) vs. Robert Montgomery (145)